Saturday 1 August 2009

Quote of the day 1st August

Ganondorf:

I have heard elsewhere that your 20 rep squat protocol is for a) mental toughness (otherwise known as getting some balls) and b) gaining lower body mass.

Since you are a strength coach I would assume it works as a short term variation for strength gains as well?

What lifts are trained with 20 reps? I assume it would only be one set of them?


Rippetoe:

Ganondorf,

Once again it is not surprising that you have misinterpreted what I said.

Let me be clear: I am a Texan. I was born in Texas. My father was born in Texas. My grandfather moved to Texas when he was 10. My gym is in Texas. My house is in Texas. My dog is from Texas. I bought my motorcycle in Texas, even though it made in Marysville, IN.

So, the correct conclusion would be that since I am a Texan, my program only works for Texans. I hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment