Friday 3 July 2009

Quote of the day 3rd July


Coach Rip was asked his opinion on CrossFit, kipping pull ups, bouncing weights during deadlifts and cleans, running 5km, zone/paleo eating and GOMAD.

His reply…

Nelson, you and a lot of people in CrossFit seem to be putting words into my mouth and misinterpreting many of the words that I put in my mouth.

First, kipping pull-ups and running 5ks are an important part of a program primarily devoted to general physical preparation. A strength program is not devoted to general physical preparation and so is conducted differently. No program should involve bouncing one's deadlifts or cleans off the floor.

Greg and I have talked about this at length, and he is aware of my opinion that strength is the most general of the ten physical attributes, because all of the others to some extent depend on strength or the process of its acquisition and strength depends on none of them.

As far as diet is concerned, let me go on record ONE MORE FUCKING TIME and say that a gallon a milk a day is recommended for people who are trying to gain weight. I have never said, nor will I ever say, that everybody should drink a gallon of milk a day. Were I to say something silly like that, everybody would be in correct in ignoring anything else I ever said after that point.

I have criticized no one for eating clean. I have criticized, and will continue to criticize, those people who fail to understand that an increase in muscular body weight would be very helpful to their met-con performance.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment